Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My celebrity football team

So I was taking a trip recently with a few guys. As with any long road trip with me along random questions tend to come out. One of my favorites was if you could make a football team with non football players who would you put on your team. You must have a quarterback, two running backs, two receivers and a tight end. To my choices.

My choice for quarterback got a lot of flack and a few laughs. I decided to go with Jason Kidd. He is a smart basketball player which made me think that his smarts would carry over onto the football field. I’ve never seen him throw a football but seeing him throw a basketball makes me want him on my team. http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no11freaks.html

For my running backs I decided to go with Josh Duhamel http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0241049/ and Jim Riggs. For those that don't know Mr. Riggs, he runs the horse stables at the camp I work with. One of my favorite memories of Mr. Riggs was when he decided to chase a counselor wearing a giant dinosaur costume through our dining hall with a pitch fork. Keep in mind the dining hall was filled with about 150 campers. For entertainment alone I am picking him.

My two receivers are Will Smith and Michael Phelps. I picked Michael Phelps because well....he's Michael Phelps. Not sure why I picked Will Smith. I know they were movies but seeming him box in Ali and save the universe in about 3 different movies made me think he could catch a ball over the middle.

I went with Tyler "Psycho T" Hansbourgh for my tight end.
Reason #1. I would pay good money to see this.
Reason #2: He's a beast.

These are my picks and whether they are good or not I would love to hear some feedback on them.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for steppin' out and sharing some of the inner thoughts of THE SPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would you say to people that claim that Tyler "Psycho T" Hansbourgh is soft? What would you say to people that claim Tyler "Looney T" Hatch could easily take "Psycho T" in a thumb wrestling match?


    See below:
    http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1466&SPID=145&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=649340&Q_SEASON=2006

    ReplyDelete