Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

A Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm very thankful this year for a lot of things. My family and friends foremost. I don't know what I would do without all of you. My health, my job and all the wonderful students I get to work with every day. I hope and pray that all of you have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

“By seeing the seed of failure in every success, we remain humble. By seeing the seed of success in every failure we remain hopeful.” -Mel Ziegler

So I was a bit off. Okay, not even close. Sometimes your gut is just wrong. In this instance I’m glad I was off. Not only did the Packers beat the Vikings last week which I predicted so inaccurately but in that win A-Rodg and Greg Jennings got me 72 points combined. Enough for me to score 183 points in fantasy. It was one of those perfect storm days where everything just goes right. 8 of my 9 players scored over 14points. Ridiculous. One of the reasons I love Fantasy Football. One week you score 50points and the next week you score 183 points. The person I beat this week scored 80 some but I kind of wish he would have scored like 150. Too beat someone when they score 150 points is a great feeling. So much for me being humbled. Anyway, I degress. Back to the predictions. While I missed on the Packers/Vikings game I was correct on the other 3 in depth predictions. The Steelers, Patriots and Eagles all won their games. In the overall predictions this weeks winner was Timmy who was 14-2, followed by Topher who was 13-3 and Ford who was 12-4. Sadly I finished the week at 9-7. The overall scores are listed below. On to this weeks games.

Picks for Week 12
NE @ DETROIT
The Patriots are rolling right now and I don’t see how the Lions are going to be able to stop them. The Lions have been competive in most of the their games this year but I don’t see the Patriots stumbling today. Even if Tom Brady who is questiable for the game doesn’t play. In the last 6 Thanksgiving Day games the Lions are 0-6 and have been outscored 213-74. They’ve scored over 13 points just once in that time. I think the Patriots pour it on today. 35-10.

NO @ DAL
Both teams come into today on a roll. The Saints have won 3 straight and the Cowboys are 2-0 after changing coaches. The Cowboys are 9-2 all-time against the Saints at home all thought the Saints had won 5 in a row against the Cowboys until last years 24-17 Cowboys win in New Orleans. I think the Cowboys winning streak comes to an end against the Saints. One more interesting stat. Over the last 2 seasons the Saints are 5-1 in national TV games. Their one loss coming to the Cowboys last year. Saints win 35-21.


CIN @ NYJ
T.O. said this week that Darrelle Revis is an average cornerback. We’ll find tonight just how average he is. Or perhaps we will find out how average Carson Palmer has become. The Bengals have the 23rd worst rush defense in the league. The Jets have the 4th best offense running the ball. I don’t think Mark Sanchez will have to do much in this game for the Jets to win. I think it will be close as most of the Jet’s games are. Jets 24-20.



GB @ ATL
This game should be a lot of fun too watch as 2 of the best teams in the NFL match up. The Packers defense has given up 1 touchdown in the last 3 games. The Falcons are averaging 31.5 points in their 4 game winning streak and Matt Ryan is 18-1 at home. Something has to give. Falcons win 21-17.





_____________________SPA____Topher___Timmy____Ford
N.E. at Det______________N.E.___N.E.______N.E.______N.E.
N.O. at Dal______________N.O.___Dal______N.O.______N.O.
Cin at NYJ______________NYJ____NYJ_____NYJ______NYJ
G.B. at Atl______________Atl_____Atl______G.B.______G.B.
Pit at Buf_______________Pit_____Pit______Pit_______Pit
Car at Cle ______________Cle_____Cle______Cle______Cle
Jac at NYG______________NYG____NYG____NYG______NYG
Min at Was______________Min____Min_____Was______Min
Ten at Hou______________Hou____Ten_____Hou______Hou
Mia at Oak______________Oak____Oak_____Oak______Oak
K.C. at Sea______________Sea____K.C.______K.C._____K.C.
Phi at Chi_______________Phi____Phi______Phi______Phi
STL at Den______________STL____STL_____Den_______Den
T.B. at Bal______________Bal_____Bal______Bal______Bal
S.D. at Ind______________IND____Ind______Ind ______Ind
S.F. at Ari______________Ari_____S.F.______Ari______Ari
_________________________________________________

Last Week ______________9-7____13-3______14-2_______12-4

Season Total_____________18-11____20-9______14-2______20-9

No comments:

Post a Comment