Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead

So the "Man" couldn’t do it. Life is good again. All I have heard recently is how Peyton Manning is the greatest football player ever. Not the greatest quarterback of this era but EVER. Friends, people on the radio, articles. Blah, blah, blah. Peyton is King. “The Saints are a great story but let’s be real. They have no real chance. Peyton is playing the greatest football of his career. Peyton will win this game and cement his legacy as the Greatest”. Not the Colts will win this game. Peyton will win this game.

And then this happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh5D_TMGwjk

I don’t think I’ve ever been as happy to see a quarterback throw an interception in my life. It’s not that I hate Peyton Manning. It’s not like he’s Eli. He’s a great quarterback. One of the best ever. I just get so tired of people thinking he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. He’s been great in the regular season. Maybe the best. But championships are not won in the regular season. They are won in the post season where Manning has not been very good. He won a Super Bowl. But you know what? He has the same amount of championships as Trent Dilfer. (That was for you Topher) Let’s look at his post season stats. He’s 9-9 in post season games. He’s thrown 27 touchdowns but has also thrown 18 interceptions. His QB rating in those games? 87.5.

On Monday I heard 2 people on ESPN radio talking about Peyton. One of them said, “So do you think this game hurt Peyton’s Legacy.” The other said, “Not at all. Peyton didn’t hurt his legacy at all in this game. He didn’t do anything to tarnish his legacy.” WHAT! 2 words. Tracy Porter. I know, I know. I just got done writing an article about how Brett Favre is the man even though he threw an interception at the end of the game. Big difference is I’m not getting paid tons of money from ESPN to tell it how it is. That radio personality should have at least commented on the fact that the score was 24-17 Saints with just under 4 minutes left in the game. That was a pretty big interception. Yet, this play didn’t hurt his legacy at all? That’s garbage. And the personality that didn’t mention the interception is garbage. Make me wanna puke.

My main point is this. Peyton is a very good football player. I would still stay he’s one of the best to ever play the game. But let’s be honest. He’s no Tom Brady.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODlL8azAEKo

1 comment: