Thursday, December 9, 2010

Taylor Martinez is actually a Deer

Nebraska blows another chance at a Big 12 Championship. Again. Nebraska is forced to play in the Holiday Bowl. Again. Nebraska will be playing the University of Washington. Again. Man, what a difference a good quarterback makes. Nebraska had a great chance to beat Oklahoma this past weekend in the last Big 12 Championship again. They were in field goal range. Then Taylor Martinez decided to do an impression of a deer in the head lights. Again. It’s so frustrating as a fan when the defense plays so well again and again and the inept offense struggles over and over again. Okay. I'm off my rant. Nope. I can accept that Nebraska lost. I can even accept that we lost to Oklahoma. What I can’t understand is the opponent the Huskers got for their Bowl game. All I hear is that the bowl games are all about the money. I wish someone could tell me how a rematch with a team they already beat by 35 points will be a big draw. I love watching Nebraska play but I don’t have a lot of interest in watching a college game I’ve already seen that wasn’t good to begin with. Okay, now I’m really off of my rant. Last week in the predictions we all had great weeks. Topher led all of us with a 13-3 week. The rest of us all had 12-4 weeks. The overall leader is still Topher followed by Ford, myself and Timmy. On to this weeks in depth predictions.

Oakland @ Jacksonville
These 2 teams are basically mirror images of each other offensively. Look at the stats:
Oakland is averaging 339 yards a game on offense. Jacksonville, 338. Oakland passes on average for 190 yards per game. Jacksonville, 187. Oakland rushed for an average of 149 yards per game. Jacksonville, 152. Total yards on offense through the season. Oakland has racked up 4,062 yards. Jacksonville, 4,061. I see this games being a low scoring affair with both teams trying to grind it out on the ground. The Raiders rushed the ball 52 times last week and racked up 251 yards. Jacksonville with one of the best runners in the league in Maurice Jone-Drew, ran the ball 53 times for 258 yards against Tennessee. I think the difference in this game will be Jacoby Ford. The rookie wide receiver for the Raiders has come up big for them this season and I think he will do it again. Raiders 17-14.

New England @ Chicago
Patriots offense vs. the Bears defense. I’m excited to see if Brady can continue his amazing play against this Bears defense. In the last 4 games Brady has put up MVP numbers. He’s passed for 1,200 yards, 13 touchdowns and no interceptions while completing 73% of his passes. If Cutler can keep his interceptions down I think the Bears can win this game but I don’t think he will. I’ll take Belichick’s game plan and Brady’s arm in this game. Patriots 38-31.


Week 14 Picks

_____________________SPA____Topher___Timmy____Ford
Ind at Ten_____________Ind____Ind______Ind______Ind.
Cle at Buf_____________Cle_____Buf_____Cle_______Buf
Cin at Pit______________Pit____Pit______Pit_______Pit
G.B. at Det_____________G.B.___G.B._____G.B._____G.B.
NYG at Min_____________Min___NYG_____NYG_____NYG
T.B. at Was_____________Was___T.B._____T.B._____Was
Atl at Car______________Atl____Atl______Atl______Atl
Oak at Jax_____________Oak____Jax_____Jax______Jax
Sea at S.F._____________Sea_____S.F.____Sea______S.F.
STL at N.O.____________N.O.____N.O.____N.O._____N.O.
Mia at NYJ_____________NYJ____NYJ_____NYJ_____NYJ
Den at Ari______________Ari_____Den____Den______Den
K.C. at S.D.____________S.D.____S.D._____K.C._____K.C.
N.E. at Chi_____________N.E.___N.E._____N.E._____N.E.
Phi at Dal______________Phi____Dal______Phi _______Phi
Bal at Hou_____________Bal____Bal_______Bal______Bal
_________________________________________________


Last Week ______________12-4____13-3______12-4______12-4

Season Total____________41-20___44-17_____35-17_____42-19

No comments:

Post a Comment