Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life is about Timing

The Week in Sports
I read this week that Marshawn Lynch’s run against the Saints made the ground shake. A seismic monitoring station located about 100 yards west of the stadium registered seismic activity during Lynch's run. That’s was a crazy run with some really bad tackling.

The National Championship game was so boring for the first 3 quarters that I kept thinking, “This can’t be for the National Championship. I know I said it last week but I would love to see TCU play Auburn this week. Even if nothing was on the line I think it would be a great game.
Side note to the game. Raiders. Please draft Casey Matthews, who by the way is my new favorite college football player.

I’m always a little bitter when players I picked up in fantasy, who didn’t do a lot for me during the season have great playoff games. Thanks Lynch and James Starks.

Since the Cavaliers played the Heat on December 2nd the Cavs have gone 1-19 while the Heat have gone 18-1. I know I shouldn’t enjoy it this much but I kind of like to see a team completely self destruct sometimes. The Cavs are just awful. They were almost doubled up last night by the Lakers. They scored 55 points. 55! They only had 2 players score in double figures and one of them was named Alonzo Glee. Listen to the +/- on their starters. -46, -29, -35, -43 and -57. For those that don’t know what that stat is for. It denotes team's net points while the player is on the court. They are so bad and I for some reason I am loving the misery they are in. I’m sorry for all my friend that are Cavs fans. There’s always room on the Lakers bandwagon.

Confidence Picks
Mike and Mike have started giving their confidence picks each week for the playoffs. How much confidence they have in each team's head coach, running game and defense. This is keeping in mind the opponent they are playing as well. I've decided to add quarterback to this list as well. They then tally up all the scores to see who should win in each head to head match up. Lower scored are better.

Coaching
1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Packers
4. Falcons
5. Seahawks
6. Bears
7. Ravens
8. Jets

Rushing Offense
1. Bears
2. Jets
3. Falcons
4. Steelers
5. Packers
6. Ravens
7. Patriots
8. Seattle

Defense
1. Bears
2. Patriots
3. Packers
4. Ravens
5. Steelers
6. Jets
7. Falcons
8. Seattle

Quarterback
1. Patriots
2. Packers
3. Falcons
4. Steelers
5. Bears
6. Ravens
7. Seahawks
8. Jets


Confidence Scores
Patriots:11 Jets:24
Steelers:15 Ravens:23
Packers:13 Falcons:17
Bears:13 Seahawks:28



Bold Prediction of the Week
#4 Syracuse will lose to St. Johns in Men’s Basketball

Top 5 Raiders of All-Time
1. Tim Brown
2. Fred Biletnikoff
3. Art Shell
4. Willie Brown
5. Jack Tatum

No comments:

Post a Comment