Friday, January 7, 2011

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing you grandmother with her teeth out."

The Week in Sports
Al Davis did it again. I’m speechless.

I think the BSC Championship will be really exciting. Even more exciting would be if the winner had to play TCU the next week for the real college football championship. That probably wouldn’t bring in any money and would water down the bowls though.

This past weekend my friend Corey put together a sports trivia competition for myself and a bunch of other people. I believe I know quite a bit about sports trivia and I teamed up with my buddy Topher who knows more than I do. The 2 of us couldn’t hold a candle to our friend Tyler Thrune. This man not only knows sports trivia he is a walking dictionary of sports trivia. Congratulations to Tyler and his brilliance with all things sports.

This past weekend I correctly predicted 2 upsets in the world of sports. The Connecticut women losing to Stanford and TCU beating Wisconsin. I’ve decided to make this a weekly section of Spa Sports. I may fall flat on my face with some of these but I am determined to be bold and confident.

Bold Prediction of the Week
Seahawks will beat the Saints


Top 5 Favorite Baseball Players
1. Bo Jackson
2. Ricky Henderson
3. Darin Erstad
4. Dan Gladden
5. Troy Percival

Predictions
Congrats to Topher for taking the NFL predictions win on Spa Sports. Topher ended up predicting 71% of his picks correctly. Timmy came in 2nd at 66%, followed by Ford at 64%. I bring up the rear at 62%. Thank you to the other 3 guys for their help this year with these predictions. It was a lot of fun.

To round out the predictions for the year I have given my predictions for the playoffs as well as my Super Bowl winner.

Wild Card Games
Seattle over New Orleans
Colts over Jets
Ravens over Kansas City
Philadelphia over Green Bay

Divisional Games
Philadelphia over Bears
Falcons over Seattle
Patriots over Ravens
Steelers over Colts

AFC Championship
Patriots over Steelers

NFL Championship
Falcons over Eagles

Super Bowl
Patriots over Falcons 38-35

No comments:

Post a Comment